Monday, May 14, 2012

gone fishin'

We went this weekend to visit my family. We had a great time...Alfredo had a blast learning from Seth how to fish.


Seth is such a great teacher...we think he should open a little fishing school! He is such a remarkable person...so sweet and generous. He was quick to say that Alfredo helped him reel in the "big one"...and gave Alfredo lots of praise, especially for catching a spot, which he, himself, an accomplished fisherman, had never caught.


so sweet...


The boys decided to get really dirty later in the day...


and poor Alfredo fell and cut his knee. I can't begin to tell you the time and patience it took to get him to wash all that mud away from that cut. Oh, that drama!


Mud and blood don't mix.



Rich and Alfredo tested out Rich's new kayak, a Christmas present from my brother Shawn.


Here's me and my darling mother...look at her sparkling blue eyes! Isn't she lovely?

What a nice little getaway this weekend was!



6 comments:

charlotte said...

Mother's Day hugs to all of you, Amy and especially for your dear, sweet mama!

Debby said...

Cute pictures. Poor Alfredo......hope his little cut is okay. Looks like he had a great time.

Danee said...

My son, 6 years old, and my nephew, 10 years old, look exactly like those two and their relationship is exactly as you described. My heart swells when I hear Cole praise Chase as Seth praised Alfredo or just when I watch the two of them, with the same height difference as your boys. It is so sweet. I heard last night that Cole told my mom that he can't wait to get back to the our lake cottage with my family-this is something I never imagined he would say.

Danee said...

My son, 6 years old, and my nephew, 10 years old, look exactly like those two and their relationship is exactly as you described. My heart swells when I hear Cole praise Chase as Seth praised Alfredo or just when I watch the two of them, with the same height difference as your boys. It is so sweet. I heard last night that Cole told my mom that he can't wait to get back to the our lake cottage with my family-this is something I never imagined he would say.

connie said...

yes, your mothers eyes sparkle... you can see she is so full of of love...

Janine said...

yes, your mum's eyes are lovely - just like your smile !
sensational!!