Tuesday, August 3, 2010

wedding tree

I'm working on another project for Chloe's wedding...it's a wedding tree. I was expecting a shipment of crystals to arrive today but I got another customer's package instead. The company is rushing me the right package and then I can work on glitzing it up. But for now, here it is....pretty just like this, I think.

I used 4 branches of manzanita from here. I bought the ones that were painted silver but this will work with the natural ones too. I arranged the branches and then used wire to fix them together. I stuffed paper into the urn to hold the arrangement in place and then I poured plaster of paris in to set it.

While I wait for my shipment of shiny crystals to arrive, I'm working on tags that guests will fill out and put on the tree. The tags say "Chloe and Sebastiaan are..." and the instructions will say to fill in the cards using 5 words or less.

I pre-printed in Tiffany blue the "Chloe and Sebastiaan are..." bit on each of the cards. Now I'm adding an edge of metallic silver to the cards using a metallic silver paint pen.

The results are magnificent...

As you can see, I have a lot more to go.

3 comments:

Grace said...

You are so clever that is a beutiful Idea and tree! Can't wait to see it all decorated! Grace xoxox

Kimberly Jones said...

What an elegant and meaningful idea! The branches look lovely just as they are, but the sparkle from the crystals will be gorgeous!

Sonia said...

I am a good friend of Lorraine's and have heard numerous stories about your endless creativity, but what you are doing exceeds even what I already knew! You are amazing! These projects (the string hearts and the tree) are such a lovely and thoughtful and gorgeous gift. Sonia