Friday, June 25, 2010

Oh Shelly O!

Shelley O. received her stitchalong kit just in time to take it with her on her anniversary celebration trip with her husband.

Here's a picture of the kit all ready to start on the plane trip out of town.

And next is a picture of her stitching along at Coronada Island...


Isn't that adorable? Thanks so much Shelley for letting me know how delighted you were with the kit!

To see more photos of Shelley stitching along while on vacation, click here.

And to buy your own stitchalong kit, click here.

I think I'm all set physically and mentally for my class renion tomorrow night. Did I tell you that it's going to be 5 classes at once? So my sister Jessica and my brother Shawn will also be there. That'll be fun. My strategy is to remember that people like to talk about themselves so I will conduct mini-interviews, be charming, and limit the drink intake to 2 for the night. (The last thing I want to do is have one too many and end up giving out table dances) Wish me luck!

13 comments:

lindalou said...

I just had my 35 year in 2009 and it was great fun. The good news is that the older we all get, the less we care about who was cool...or who wasn't. Relax and have fun.

Unknown said...

I just received my kit in the mail this week and started it today by the pool. It just totally makes me happy every time I look at or work on it. Please think about making another the kit...

Thanks!

Honey Lamb and I said...

I am ready to get another and head to another beach!! have fun at the reunion and tell all your ol' classmates that you are a big deal!!! ;) ~Shelley

Kateyed said...

Oh, Amy, I wish you luck. I don't like high school reunions. I am not sure why, as it was a pretty good time for me. Too much drinking, I guess. So you watch it and only two...haha!

I was just on Shelley's blog today and thought that was the cutest post! Her embroidery was just adorable, wasn't it?

Love,
Suz

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sian said...

My kit reached me in record time and I'm saving it up for my camping trip. Love it! These are great pictures.

Unknown said...

I received my kit this week too, and was surprised to get it so quickly! It's simply adorable;D I'm actually giving mine to my mom for her bday in August. It's hard not to break into using it for myself;D

martha brown said...

I can't wait to start my kit (on the plane to Phoenix in August)!!!
Hope those table dances went well...... "She's a freak, Ow!"

ancee said...

Oh Amy.....What has happened to your wonderful project....Count your blessings? I check almost every day to see if anyone is creating, & there is very little update...Just love looking at everyone's creations from your previous project.
xoxo

Diane Duda said...

We are heading for the lake next month...i may just have to get me one of these! Probably burns a FEW more calories than reading a book, right?
Hope you enjoyed your reunion. Combining several classes sounds like a great idea!

Leslie said...

Love the sampler so much . . . I really want to do this with my daughter (who is turning 10). Neither one of us really knows how to embroider, but want to learn together!!

Charmaine McLaughlin said...

You will have a blast at the reunion! You sure pegged it...people love to talk about their own lives so just pretend you're Oprah and interview! Have fun!!!

Kateyed said...

Hope it all went well, my friend. I am enjoying the preparation of a little goodie for you!