Monday, October 26, 2009

the open sky project


Many months ago I was asked to be a part of something very exciting. It's taken lots of work and now I can finally make an announcement about it.

It all started as an idea of John Caplan. He had spent the day with his son discovering magic shops in NYC. These places were little gems of shops, sometimes hidden deep within secret buildings of the city. What struck John was the enthusiasm of these shopkeepers...the excitement of sharing their passion with others. John left thinking that his usual shopping experiences today significantly lacked that kind of connection. He immediately started dreaming of a way to re-create what he'd experienced that day.

What if he found other people who were as excited about their passions as those magic shopkeepers? And what if he asked those enthusiastic people to host a little shop in his project?

His team contacted me and asked if I would set up a shop that shared the craft supplies and other things that I love. I was immediately intrigued by this idea. I started making a wish list (that went on forever!) of all the things I love. That was so much fun! The team has been working hard to find as many of those as they could. It wasn't as easy as we'd hoped but we haven't given up. And we've discovered so many new things along the way to share.

Would you like to see? Click here.

We're steadily working to fill the shop with wonderful things so be sure to stop back by regularly. And we're going to add fun project ideas and other exciting stuff (including video!). Stay tuned.

In the meantime, enjoy FREE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING! today and tomorrow. Isn't that exciting?

Shop your passion!

8 comments:

Sue M said...

I just took a peek. What a great idea!

mIzZ (hONeY) bEe aka Marlene said...

Way tooo cool!...congrats!...you go girl, I know that you are going to do great-oh what fun it must be..Marlene

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

How exciting for you! Sounds very intriguing.....I'll take a peek.

Prancing Pixie Studio said...

I checked it out..Very cool idea!
Blessings~LillySue

karen said...

Have fun with this! Silly me I read the name as o-pen-skee with the accent on pen then duh it hit me open sky - which makes sense.

Janis said...

Hi Amy,
I ordered the red and white
twine and it arrived! Love it!
The free shipping was great,
Thank you!!!!!

Hugs,
Janis

Scrap Krazed said...

Amy, I love your work, your blog, etc.! Great idea, will check out the site. In the mean time, I have attended several Kim Caldwell's events, one of which you taugh us a wreath that had this great glass glitter that was sort of clear and white that looked like sugar. Where can I get that? Do you sell it? WOuld love to get my hands on some. Thanks so much.....Terry

Journal Swag said...

Very cool! I was wondering in your store, what amount of glitter do we get when we purchase?

Thanks so much!

Sheila