Saturday, March 8, 2008

oh yes...

I love these little houses from Anthropologie. And since my birthday is just around the corner, I thought I'd just put it out there.

I would, in fact, love to live in the yellow one with the pink striped roof. It is happiness.

These houses make me think of my little Sugarville houses. Maybe soon I'll have time to make some. I'm really hoping.
Also from Anthropologie...I love this skirt. If I had it, I think I'd wear it every single day. So pretty.


Baby and Rich visited with Rich's mother today while I chipped away at my books. It's not nearly as hard as I thought it would be...just slow. And it makes my eyes go crossed.

Baby is sleeping now and Rich is watching some crazy movie in which I'm not the least interested. I think I'll hit the sack early. That crazy trick of switching the time and calling 6:30 am 7:30 am happens tomorrow. Daylight savings time is enough to make me curse. I hate this one especially and really wish I could just sleep in while the rest of the world carries on this silly tradition. Baby will wake naturally, as usual, at 7:30, only it will now be called 8:30. And then we'll be late for church. It's unfair to get me out of bed an hour early but it's really cruel to fool around with Baby's delicate and just cracked sleep schedule.

Here's to ignoring Daylight Savings Time...are you with me?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

amen, sister! daylight saving's time is my pet peeve. by the time my kids get back on schedule, it's time to switch back. arrrgh!!!

Molly said...

Did you see the study that just came out that proves that we use MORE energy during daylight savings time? Every year I threaten to keep the real time going but I guess I'll have to wait until I retire. Not really an option if you're involved in the outside world.

Just found your blog the other day and I really enjoy it. Good luck with your new adventures!

Tracey said...

I just mentioned to my husband this morning that I really think our church should start an hour later on Day Light Savings time weekend. It would make for a much more pleasant introduction to losing an hour of sleep. I think I will suggest this for next year. ;-)

p.s. I thought I saw you (but I only know you from your blog photo) at our church this morning. Did you happen to go to Reston Bible Church today?

Jennifer Hayslip said...

LOOOOOVE those HOUSES and your SKIRT!!! Im also a big fan and shopper of Anthropologie. I own several of their vintage inspired dresses and sweaters! :) I see we both have the same taste. :) I just ADORE you look!!!

Saucy said...

We don't have daylight savings time where I live in Canada. The only thing that happens to us is our cable and sattelite television shows are now on a whole hour earlier, and you can bet that more than a few times over the years, I've forgotten that "everyone else springs forwards" and missed episodes of my very best shows. That's not really worth complaining about, is it?

Anonymous said...

Oh I hear you! I hate losing one hour ...