Friday, August 10, 2007

why we got a new tv


Last night, after dinner, Rich used the little apricots to illustrate the offensive line and help me brush up on my general football knowledge.

Oh yeah. It's almost here. Football Season.

And just like a miracle it's happened again. The fresh-faced optimism of a true blooded Redskins fan. For sure this is the year, he says.

What's the name of the "hut hut" guy?

And what do you call the little guy who goes "dooodle doodle doodle" from the back to the front, like he was late for the game?

And which of these guys will run to catch the ball and which of them stay to beat up the other team?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay this is a hoot! Over the last 15 years of marriage, I've learned so much about football, hockey and NASCAR that I've come to love them myself.

Lisa K. said...

OMG, you're so funny! We're having a block party Saturday, but I think many of the guys will disappear into the TV room to watch the pre-season Bears game.

What would your husband's buddies say about the fact that he was using the super-cute little apricot heinies to diagram football stuff? You're so cute!

"Doodle doodle doodle!"

:oD

Unknown said...

omgosh
you have explained it so perfectly!! i love it!

Saucy said...

Be careful, Amy. Your little apricots could suffer some tough bruises from the offensive line of nectarines.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha Bethanie with blond hair who likes to read again. I am laughing so very hard. I have had this conversation with my husband who played high school football all four years. And I think I used the same words. "Who is the guy who reaches under the other guys hiney and takes his bally?" Who are the guys who do the little switchy roo roo dance before the others start moving? And why do they do that? Are they playing a trick on the other fellows? Like, hee hee we moved hee hee you missed it?" Anywho I have decided I must meet you. I thought I was the only person over the age of 10 whose heart pitter pattered at the sound of the ice cream truck. I just want to say hello to you! Bethanie (junker2204@netzero.net) You are so very neat. (And by the way did you understand any of Rich's explainations on football? )