Saturday, January 6, 2007

oh no....flu!

Well, I'm being treated for the flu. Plus I have an ear infection. Can you believe it?

I had a good night's sleep last night and, with the help of Tamiflu, I think I'll be on the mend soon. In the meantime, I'll be planted here on the sofa with a box of tissues, some hot tea, and a whole bunch of attention from my sweetie.

Speaking of which, last night he asked if there was anything in particular I wanted for dinner. My appetite is not affected by this illness...I'm ravenous most of the time. So I answered that I had a hankering for a dish that I'd had a few weeks ago at a restaurant. This sweet man who does not cook found the recipe in a cookbook, went to the store for ingredients, and prepared with love (and a little bit of swearing and a whole lot of mess) the most wonderful little meal. Curious to know what it was? Kentucky Hot Brown.

How in the world can I stay sick for long with such great care? Oh, I love this man.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having a sweetheart that will go through all of that for you is almost worth it getting sick!
I think a way to girls heart is through her stomach!

Anonymous said...

Aww your sweetheart sounds amazing, a guy who looks after you and cook (tries) :) wonderful. You are being well looked after.

Anonymous said...

Oooh that recipe sounds deliciously Southern! I miss food like that up here in New Hampshire - thanks for the link. I hope that you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Well, you're not that lucky to have the flu, but you're very lucky to have Rich, so I guess it all worked out for you, my friend!

Feel better soon! Hugs xoxoxo
Sasha

Anonymous said...

I KNEW it was flu! when you said your joints were all stuck in position. I've had influenza and it is HARD to get better. Keep taking that TLC. And sweet dreams!!
Mary Beth in Nebraska

Anonymous said...

Feel better!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you are so fortunate! Reading of your meal prepared while you were ill made me reflect on the time that I had the flu & requested that my husband prepare a half-package of Lipton's Chicken Noodle Soup (because he was eating something else & I don't enjoy left-over chicken noodle soup where the noodles get expanded & slushy!). When I was called out for supper, I discovered that he had made me Lipton noodles; that's right, he didn't think of adding 1/2 of the chicken bouillon powder in the package! Yuck! I would have preferred your meal!

I checked out your website as it is a "must see" on my long-time friend, Saucy's blog. A lovely treat! I'll be back soon!